Make your holiday poinsettias last with these five great tips:
- Poinsettias need light, so place them in indirect sunlight for at least six hours a day.
- Keep room temperature between 68 and 70 degrees. Do not place plants near cold drafts or excessive heat.
- Water thoroughly when the soil feels dry to the touch, but do not let plants sit in standing water. Overwatering causes plants to droop.
- To protect from chilling winds when transporting plants, carry them in a large shipping bag.
- To keep your plant after the holidays, fertilize after the blooming season with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer. Do not fertilize when plants are in bloom.